04 May 2011

i have a crush...


...on all things British and what kind of London-loving blogger would i be without a royal wedding post? after living and working in London for four months, the only thing i didn't like about the wedding was that i wasn't there to see it live. 

i did, however, celebrate quite royally stateside. my mom came to visit for a five day weekend. it was absolutely fabulous. we ate delicious food and of course, woke up at 3:30 to watch the wedding. we baked scones and drank tea (pinkies up). here is my beautiful mama and me.


i hosted an afternoon tea party for my family. we snacked on scones, finger sandwiches, macaroons, cookies and cupcakes while we watched Roman Holiday.


And of course, drank tea. (with just milk, thank you very much.) my aunt lent me my great aunt's tea set so the cups and saucers were dainty and fancy. it was splendid.



i adored kate's reception dress. simple yet elegant and the pairing of the cropped angora sweater was stunning; she is so regal and beautiful. i loved when the Bishop who married wills and kate said, "in a sense, every wedding is a royal wedding..."because we all have the same amazing king, God.


even more than the wedding, i loved the weekend. i'm so thankful for the time spent with my mom and family and hope the weekend was royally wonderful for everyone and anyone, world wide.

{photographs of wills and kate from Associated Press.}

No comments:

Post a Comment