08 January 2012

resizing makes the heart grow fonder

a couple days into donning my new ring, the shock had worn off enough for me to realize it was a tad too big.

we took it in and sure enough, they resized me a half size smaller. 

good news: my ring was going to fit perfectly afterwards
bad news: it was going to take two weeks

i weighed the options and even nonsensically considered keeping it a bit too big, so i wouldn't have to part with my newfound sparkle, but sense took over and we shipped it off.

a week in and an engagement party later, i was missing it more than ever. i explained to francis how it made me sad that i had been longer without it than with it. he said he understood and had a surprise. 

we headed to target to find a ridiculous, plastic replacement ring, but the sparkly, pink butterfly we found was a bit too absurd. francis to the rescue took us to the grocery store. i was confused, but hopeful and moments later, had my very own twist-tie ring. 

to all others, it looked rather ridiculous, but to me, it was perfectly romantic.

oh francis, making my dreams come true. (sorry for the shadowed photo.)


don't worry, the sparkle is back where it belongs, intended never to leave again.

{photo: hilaryclair}

No comments:

Post a Comment