12 March 2014

High Fashion Hanboks

When I was in Atlanta a couple weekends ago for a girls' weekend (still need to do a post on that), I bought a GQ Magazine to bring home for Francis. (Can you tell I'm not gifted in buying travel souvenirs?) 

The front pages are always filled with advertisements - Prada, Tommy, D&G. 
This particular magazine had the following Gucci ad: 

Men's high fashion suits, inspired by Kimonos and Hanboks. 
After a little googling, I found the below photo of a Gucci runway. 


Aren't they wild?
It seems that runways are typically filled with loud fashion statements that eventually dilute their way into everyday life. I'm curious how this style will dilute - Asian inspired patterns on ties, patterned pants, or jackets with rolled lapels instead of pressed. 

Since my husband is Korean, we wore Hanboks (traditional Korean dress) during the cocktail hour on our wedding day. Who knew we were trendsetters? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment