08 April 2014

Summer Cocktail: Pimm's Cup

Anyone who knows me knows that I love all things London.
I vacationed there with my mum, studied abroad there during University, and honeymooned there with my strapping young fella.
(That's me pretending to be Bri-ish.)
To say I hold it dear to my heart wouldn't do the city justice. 

This weekend, I decided to make a Pimm's Cup, a cocktail we had and loved on our honeymoon. 
It's really easy, refreshing, and fun. Sort of like a British sangria.
The perfect recipe to add into your summer hosting rolodex. 

For anyone unfamiliar with Pimm's. It's a gin-based liqueur with notes of spice and citrus. 
Kind of bitter on it's own, but made perfect with a bit of citrus and sweet.




Pour 1.5oz of Pimm's liqueur over ice. 

Top off with ginger ale, tonic, lemonade or any sparkling/citrus beverage that you fancy.


Add any assortment of fruit you wish. 
I used frozen berries because that's what we had on hand, but anything works - cucumbers, mint, oranges, or apples. 


Squeeze just a bit of lemon in to highlight the citrus.

Stir and adorn the glass with whatever fruit pieces of your choosing. 

Enjoy!

images: hilaryclair

No comments:

Post a Comment