17 September 2013

Foyer decor

We live in a shoebox - I'm talking 450 sq. ft. 
We love our home and adore our neighborhood.

Though tiny places can be seen as squished and difficult, I have come to love it. 
Here are some of the reasons:

It keeps my addiction to buying furniture and home accessories to a minimum because we literally don't have space for them. It helps us to simplify and stay organized because one paper out of place and the entire house looks messy. I can clean - top to bottom, every crevice, every surface, windows inside and out, mop floors - we are talking sparkling, in 2 hours.

Another perk is that it challenges me to be more creative with organizing and decorating. 
Behold, our "foyer". I use the term foyer loosely because in actuality, its just a wall next to our front door. 

I've been a bit perplexed what to do with it, since I wanted to do something fun, not just another frame arrangement. 

Here it is in all of it's plain and ordinary glory:

Then, last week, I saw Lauren Conrad's office makeover and fell in love with the idea of dots. 
Inexpensive, playful, and fancy. 

I cut out small, scrap pieces of paper, just to get an idea for how it would look. 
I'm still deciding, but leaning towards doing it. 


I've also thought of hanging a faux animal head of sorts, like this sweet paper mache one from the Land of Nod.


My husband teases me that I'll never be finished decorating. I finish one thing and no sooner see another area that could use a splash of newness. I suppose he is right. 

Some changes in life, like moving, jobs, bambinos can flip your whole world - making everything new and unrecognizable. Gold dots and a fun zebra just make the foyer say "welcome home" a little bit happier. 


1 comment:

  1. Your husband IS right. I happen to have first hand experience on the subject that from the age of 3-4ish you were already rearranging what furniture in your bedroom you could physically move for a different look. I also love your sweet shoebox that you've decorated with such brilliant flair and your lovely neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete