06 February 2014

Superbowl Sweets



This post is a bit belated, seeing as the whirl and watercooler convos of the Superbowl have come and gone, but I decided to post it anyway. 

We were invited to a Superbowl party on Sunday and I offered to bring cupcakes. 
Of course, I couldn't just bring a regular old frosted cupcake when the option existed to make them football-themed. I found a couple images on Pinterest and tried my hand at them.

The first was simple and straightforward.
Chocolate cupcake, chocolate frosting, piped laces.


The second was a bit more elaborate and let's be honest, not as well executed. It looks a bit like a kindergartner's project, but oh well, I tried. 

Can you tell what it is?


I was going for a bird's eye view of a football stadium, but the off-colored green and wavy, white lines make it look a bit more like an impressionist painting. 

Oh well, still delicious. 

I don't particularly care for football, but having just been to Seattle (and gone to high school with one of the players), it was fun to have a vested (and ultimately victorious) interest in one of the teams this year. 

Did any of you have a particularly special (or themed) Superbowl this year? 
Please, do tell. 

imageshilaryclair

2 comments:

  1. These look both adorable AND delicious! I imagine they were a huge hit with both the oldest and the youngest fans in attendance. While the footballs look perfect, I think all the 'sweet sprinkling' of people in the stands is beyond ADORABLE - I got it right away. Just too cute. Side Note: If football (games and parties) always came with cupcakes (especially yours) - I'd become a serious fan. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy that you knew what it was right away. Football always come with cupcakes in our house - come on over!

    ReplyDelete