04 October 2013

Apple Cider Margs

I once heard someone say, "I don't like to drink my calories." 
Meaning he/she would rather gobble down a burger than a venti, extra whip Frappuccino. 
I heed by this advice too --- if today is opposite day. 

Here is my second post on delicious sips in 2 days.


First, I added a sprinkle of brown sugar to a saucer to rim the glasses with. 

I ran a wet paper towel along the rim and then tapped in the sugar until it stuck. 

Added the ingredients.
Makes 2 servings.

7oz. good quality apple cider
4 oz. Tequila
2 oz. Cointreau
1 lime
Pinch of brown sugar

I used gold tequila which added a bit of warmth to the drink. 
I'd imagine silver would be just as delicious and a little lighter. 

I cut the lime in half, juiced it slightly into the shaker, and threw in the entire half for good measure.
Topped with a pinch of brown sugar. 
Then, I was ready to "Shake It" - Metro Station style
(I used to LOVE this song in college. Ah, the memories.)



I poured the shaken contents of deliciousness into the brown sugar-rimmed glasses. 

I added an ice cube to each glass since the shaker was too full to add ice when shaking. 

They were delicious. 
Cheers!

Next time, a drizzle of caramel would up the ante even more. 
I've also been wanting to try apple cider mixed with Kissed Caramel vodka for a caramel apple in a glass.  

Oh Fall, how I love you. 

What about you - any fall drinks obsessions? Please do tell.

images: hilaryclair

1 comment:

  1. Saw this and thought of your margies! http://www.kitchenkonfidence.com/2011/11/pumpkin-and-apple-cider-fizz

    ReplyDelete